Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

So, I'm back at work. We started school on Monday, just in time for a lovely dose of heat. The first three days have been just bearable. Today, though, was unbearable. It was our first full day, together until 3, no breaks or preps yet except for P.E. (poor kids!).  And yet, I tried to get through some lessons so as not to waste the long, long periods. To help things, the classroom took on a cave-like appearance - we drew the blinds, turned off the lights, closed the doors, and blasted the fans. As warm as it felt inside, though, it was much more pleasant than the dense outdoor heat. We sat on the floor just to avoid the sticky chairs, and drew/colored for the last 15 minutes of school.

Tomorrow, I've been told, is supposed to be better. However, I never see much difference once the temperature surpasses 90˚. So, to hear that it will be about 94˚ as opposed to 98˚ isn't much consolation, especially when we'll be celebrating our first school year Mass outside in the morning sun. Oh joy. 

But getting back to the fact that school has started again, I'm enjoying it so far. The kids are actually quite good, and I'm finally starting to get over missing "my kids". 

No comments: